- Help Dixie County veterans, their families and survivors to improve their health and economic well-being through quality benefit information, advocacy, education, and long-term health services.
- Assist veterans and their dependents in filing for non-service connected pension, service connected compensations, medical treatment, burial allowances, grave markers, presidential memorial certificates, copies of military personnel records and service medical records, Dependency Indemnity Compensation, and Survivor Benefit Plan.
- Assist in filing for educational benefits.
- Assist in obtaining VA Home Loan certificates of eligibility.
- Assist filing an appeal when benefits are unjustly denied.
- Visit hospitals/nursing homes to assist veterans with VA paperwork.
- Counsel with veterans and their dependents.
- Provide VA presentations to civic, social and military organizations.
- Refer citizens to county and state agencies for financial relief.
Originally posted 2011-06-15 10:12:38. Republished by Blog Post Promoter